This beautiful and rich white Oreo and raspberry cake is perfect for every occasion. Prepare to be amazed by the luxury of this delicious cake.
Happy Valentine’s day!
I hope you are having a very romantic Valentine’s day. It’s so nice having one day a year just to celebrate love and romance. I know some people think it’s just for consumerism but I think we need to use every chance to celebrate something positive. Life is hard enough. We need every opportunity to lighten the mood and focus on the positive side of life.
Having said that, I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s day with much frazzle and dazzle. We sometimes buy a bouquet of flowers and a card for each other but we try to not overspend. Romance is actually much more effective if you practice it in your daily life.
Here are some ideas of romantic gestures for every day life:
- Offer to rub your partner’s toes after a busy day
- Give compliments
- Leave a note with a cute message on the bathroom mirror for your partner to find
- Bring breakfast to bed
- Hold hands while taking a walk
- Hold hands while watching tv
- Run a warm bath for your partner (with candles!)
- Bake a cake
Love and romance are more about bringing a smile on each other’s faces for no reason at all. Letting your partner know you’re still in love with these little affectionate gestures.
For the Oreo lovers
This is the cake mentioned above in the list of romantic gestures. I assure you, making a grand, luxurious cake for your partner is definitely something you want to do.
I fell in love with this cake a year ago when my friend Tamsyn, made me a birthday cake. Her’s was so good I had to try to create my own version of the cake. And here it is:
White Oreo and raspberry cake
Vegan white Oreo and raspberry cake
- 3 cup plain flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 10 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- 500 g vegan butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 12 golden Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line three 6″ baking tins.
- In a stand mixer combine sifted flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the baking tins.
- Bake for about 20 -25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, start by taking the Oreo cookies and scrape the cream off and set aside.
- Take the Oreo cookies and blitz in a food processor until they are like a powder.
- In a stand mixer add the vegan butter and beat until light and airy.
- Add the icing sugar and the Oreo cream and beat until everything is well combined.
- Add the Oreo crumb and mix well.
- Take your first cake layer and place on a cake stand or dish.
- Place about 1/4 of the buttercream on the cake layer and spread evenly.
- Add 5 tbsp of raspberry jam and spread evenly on top of the buttercream. Repeat once and then spread some buttercream on top of the cake.
- Do a thick crumb coat all over the cake and chill for 20 minutes.
- Frost and smooth the outside of the cake with about half of the remaining buttercream. Use the rest of it to create a wreath or dollops on top of the cake.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries, flowers or sprinkles.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness