Valentine cream cheese cupcakesPrint
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Pink cream cheese buttercream
- 100 g Margarine or vegan butter
- 25 g Dairy free cream cheese
- 175 g Icing sugar
- A few drops of pink food coloring
- To start on the cupcakes begin with heating the oven to 180°C on a fan setting. Prepare the cupcake tins by lining them with cupcake liners.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl and give them a quick mix.
- Add all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix them well together. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter has combined.
- Divide the batter into the cupcake liners. I like to use the 1/4 cup from my cup measure set as it fits perfectly and all the cupcakes will be the same size. Bake for about 20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese buttercream, cut the margarine into pieces and put in a food processor. Add the dairy-free cream cheese and pulse a few times until blended. Add the icing sugar end blend until the cream is light and fluffy. Add pink food coloring and beat until well combined.
- Pipe onto cupcakes or just plop it on with a spatula if feeling lazy like me when I was making these. You can also add some sprinkles if you're feeling extra festive.