Quick and easy italian pastaPrint
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 300 g Cherry tomatoes
- A pinch of vegetable bouillon powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 cup Rummo rigatoni pasta
- A pinch of dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A generous helping of Dairy-free parmesan cheese
- Heat one tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Chop the onion and garlic finely and sauté on medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until they are softened. Add vegetable stock, water, and Italian herbs and cover with a lid, and allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the mix into a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour back into the pan, add the cream cheese and allow to simmer on low heat while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the pack. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking water before draining the pasta and pouring it back into the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add the cooking water and allow the flavours to merge for a couple of minutes and to let the sauce cook down a bit.
- Grate some vegan parmesan cheese over before serving. This recipe will serve two or one very greedy pasta lover.