- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 150 g Vegan butter
- 150 g Icing sugar
- 10 Crushed Oreos
- Heat the oven to 180°C on a fan setting. Prepare the cupcake tins by lining them with cupcake liners.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl and give them a quick mix.
- Add all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix them well together. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter has combined.
- Divide the batter into the cupcake liners. I like to use the 1/4 cup from my cup measure set as it fits perfectly and all the cupcakes will be the sam size.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the centre and it comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the Oreo buttercream start by pulsing the Oreos in a food processor to make a fine crumb. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put in a food processor, blend until the butter has turned smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add the Oreo crumbs and beat until well combined. Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with the 1M piping tip.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled you can pipe on the buttercream. Start with making a circle around the edge of the cupcake, going inwards as you make more circles ending with a tip in the middle. Decorate with a half Oreo cake in the top.