This recipe for homemade vegan pancakes is so quick and easy you will have soft and fluffy pancakes in no time for your Sunday breakfast or brunch.
What’s cosier on a gloomy Sunday morning than getting up and make a fresh batch of light and fluffy vegan pancakes.
Every family forms their own traditions and one of ours is to make Sunday pancakes, maybe not every Sunday but at least once a month. It’s just so warming to start the Sunday with a cosy tradition like this. Especially in the fall and winter when you need something comforting in the darkest days of the years.
Traditions for the winter
In Iceland the winter is very long and dark, so what I found very helpful in dealing with the “seasonal affective disorder” is to come up with a few ways to brighten up my days. Like baking pancakes on Sundays, having a few lamps in the living room, lighting candles or get out of the house when the day is the brightest and enjoy the daylight.
I have to admit that moving to the UK has made my battle with the darkness a bit easier, here it is already daylight when I wake up in the morning most of the year and the winter is far shorter than in Iceland. However, I always miss Iceland and probably always will.
What to put on a pancake?
These quick and easy waffles are so versatile. You can serve them with:
- Fruit and berries
- Maple syrup
- Berry compote
- Jam or Jelly
- Whipped cream
- Butter and cheese
- Or just on their own as a quick grab-n-go snack
For more breakfast ideas check out these recipes:
- Savoury Breakfast Waffles
- Gluten-free maple pecan granola
- Quick and easy vegan breakfast waffles
- Vegan chickpea crepes with spinach and mushroom filling
But let’s move on to the lovely light and fluffy vegan pancakes. I absolutely love everything about these pancakes, the recipe is quick and easy to prepare and you only need a few ingredients everyone has on hand. They turn out perfect every single time I make them and the texture is just as I like it, light and fluffy. So incredibly delicious that I can never resist the urge to have one straight from the pan dipped into a little bit of syrup, Yum!
Light and Fluffy Pancakes
Light and fluffy pancakes
- 2 cup Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 3/4 cups plant milk
- 1/21 tbsp Vanilla
- Prep your ingredients.
- Start by sifting your dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and give them a quick mix.
- Gradually pour your wet mix into the dry mix stirring well to get rid of any lumps in the batter.
- stir the batter until there are no lumps left in and then allow to sit and rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake on a non-stick pan for 2 minutes each side on low-medium heat until golden.
- You’ll know the pancake is ready to turn when you see air bubbles starting to appear and the surface begins to dry out a little.
- Serve with berries, syrup and cream. On a side note, these are also perfect served with butter and cheese.