Glutenfree and sugarfree Brownies that will rock your world. They also contain a secret ingredient that makes them so much healthier than traditional brownies. Can you guess what it is? If you guessed Black beans you’re absolutely right.
These amazing glutenfree and sugarfree brownies are great when you are trying to be a little bit more healthy but still want a little treat to make your day a bit brighter. They are easy to make and take under 30 minutes from start to finish.
How surprising is it that black beans can be used in such a creative way. They also happen to be very healthy for you. According to Medical news today they are rich in protein and fiber, iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, and zinc. All of which contribute to strengthening your bones. Black beans can also help lowering blood pressure, they are naturally low in sodium and contain potassion, calcium, and magnesium, of which have been found to help decrease blood pressure. Studies have also shown that consuming food high in fiber can help to regulate blood sugar. And if that is not enough for you to join the black bean wagon. Studies have also shown that black beans are healthy for your digestion, help ward off heart disease and may help you battling your weight. However, I always urge you to do your own research and find out more about what you’re eating. Don’t just take my word for it.
Gluten- and sugarfree Brownies
- 1 cup Black beans
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup Sweetener (Stevia sugar)
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (sugar free) + more for decorating
- Start by putting the oats in a blender and make oat flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer add rinsed black beans and beat until they form a thick paste.
- Add all other ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix well
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula
- Line a 15x20 cm baking tray and add the dough in an even layer. Sprinkle with some extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on 180°C or until you can stick a toothpick through the cake and it comes out clean.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness
Not in the mood for something healthy, try these amazing raspberry cupcakes. They one of my all-time favorites.