This easy vegan banana bread recipe is soft and tender and easy to make in one bowl! This is a fail-proof recipe, quick and easy to make and it tastes absolutely wonderful!
What is it about banana bread
There’s just something about a freshly baked banana bread. The smell is irresistible and the taste is just like eating something straight from heaven. I know, I might be a little dramatic, but, this is honestly how a feel.
Whenever I make banana bread my house fills up with this divine smell of the bananas caramelising. The subtle spices go so well with the banana and my heart just melts in with all the lingering aromas. Did anyone say dramatic!
How to make a vegan banana bread
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you. It has quickly become one of my favourite go-to recipes when I need something sweet and delicious.
The preparation time is very fast and you only need to use one bowl to make this recipe. It takes only about 5 minutes to prepare the dough, then the vegan banana bread only has to be baked for 1 hour and afterwards just cool.
This easy vegan banana bread recipe is also great for freezing. You can easily prepare the banana bread, slice it up and freeze. You can then quickly defrost a slice or two when needed.
You only need a handful of ingredients
To make this vegan banana bread you only need a few ingredients. The star ingredient, bananas, coconut sugar, a few spices, salt, vanilla bean paste, flax seeds, sunflower oil and self-raising flour.
I love to use coconut sugar in my recipes. Not only because of the subtle caramel flavour it adds to the recipe but also because it contains more vita nutrients than regular white sugar.
Most notable of these are the minerals iron, zinc, calcium and potassium, along with some short-chain fatty-acids like polyphenols and antioxidants. Coconut sugar also contains a fibre called inulin, which may slow glucose absorption. It also has a lower Glucose Index than regular white sugar.
- 1 tbsp golden flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground sweet cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- Heat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a bread baking tin.
- Prepare a flax egg by putting the ground flax seeds in a small bowl, add water and stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes until thick.
- Take 3 of the bananas and mash them until smooth.
- Add the prepared flax egg and stir again.
- Add the coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and vanilla bean paste and stir well.
- Add the self-raising flour and fold in the dough.
- Add the oil and combine.
- Pour the dough into the baking tin. Take the fourth banana and cut in half lenght-wise. Place on top of the dough cut side up. Sprinkle the porridge oats around the bananas.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until you can insert a toothpick in the centre and it comes out clean. Allow cooling completely before cutting into slices.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness