- 500 g Flour
- 1 tsp Fruit syrup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Water
- 14 g Yeast
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Margarine or vegan butter
- Add the fruit syrup, yeast and oil to the warm water, give it a good stir and leave let the yeast activate for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl put the plain flour and salt and mix well together. When the yeast has formed a frothy hat on top of the water pour it into the mixing bowl and mix well together. I use a stand mixer and allow it to mix for about 5-10 minutes or until the dough is very well combined.
- Brush the inside of a bowl with oil and place the dough in it. Cover with cling film or dish towel and leave to rise for about an hour.
- After an hour, take the dough and place on a surface dusted with flour. Roll into a sausage and cut into 8 pieces. Roll all the pieces to a ball and place in baking tray leaving enough room for the rolls to almost double in size. Cover the rolls with cling film or dish towel again and leave to rise for another 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 220°C and melt 2 tbs of margarine. Brush the rolls with the margarine and place them in the oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.