Perfect vegan Maryland style chocolate chip cookies. Be prepared to be impressed by these crunchy delicious cookies. A true family favourite!
One of the things every home has to have is their own classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. We have been playing around with a few ones for some years and have finally decided that this is our family favourite. The best thing is that the original recipe is an old one from my mother so it’s a true family-style recipe.
The best thing about this recipe is the wonderful flavour and texture. They remind me of Maryland cookies which I used to get as a kid. Since Maryland are not vegan-friendly we have been missing the classic chocolate chip cookies. This recipe has been a total hit with our family.
This recipe is also in my Ebook, Cookies & Desserts which came out in December 2019. The ebook is 100% free and you can get your copy here.
Classic chocolate chip cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Prepare the flax egg by putting ground flax seeds on a small bowl, add water and stir. Let sit for about 1o minutes or until thick.
- In a stand mixer add the vegan butter, sugar and light brown sugar and whisk until light and airy.
- Ad the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Take the dough out of the stand mixer and place on a clean table top. Knead into a sausage shape with your hands. The heat from your hands will help the dough come together.
- Cut into little even pieces and place on a parchment lined baking tray allowing some space between cookies for a little spreading.
- Bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness